Want to look cool with your friends this weekend talking about Boxing? Many watch the match, but don’t know the basics of the fight betting. So here goes!
I was checking the odds on the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight on a site like https://sports.bovada.lv/boxing/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor and wanted to decode a very basic betting structure.
As of Thursday morning, there were 115+ bets and it looked like Floyd Mayweather was at -400 and McGregor was at +300:
Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Conor McGregor FIGHT ODDS
What does this mean?
In its simplest terms:
- McGregor is the underdog. The one with the positive number…. This means that if you SPEND $100 on a bet and he wins, you will make $300.
- Mayweather is set to win, as the odds speak, if you spend $400, you will only make $100.
There are many other cool betting breakdowns that can occur including:
- Method of victory: Decision, Knockout, etc.
- Round Betting: which round a fighter will win overall fight
- Round by Round Betting: which fighter will win that round?
- Total Number of Rounds: The number of rounds the fight will last
- Total number of punches thrown
The list can go on and on! There is even a bet for the number of Tweets that Trump will post during the fight! Hope this helps and may even help you do more side bets during the match this Saturday!