Located in Atlanta, Georgia, the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum is part of the Presidential Library system administered by the National Archives and Records Administration, a Federal government agency.
- Mailing Address: 441 Freedom Parkway, Atlanta, Georgia 30307-1498, USA (Directions & Map)
- Telephone: 404-865-7100
- Fax: 404-865-7102
- Contact Us
- Web Address: www.jimmycarterlibrary.gov
- Museum Hours: Monday – Saturday: 9:00am – 4:45pm; Sunday: 12:00pm – 4:45pm. LAST ADMISSIONS SALES TIME IS 4:15pm
- Museum Admission: $8.00 – Adults; $6.00 – Seniors (60+), Military, and students with IDs; Free – Children (16 and under)
- Library (Research) Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm; CLOSED: Saturday and Sunday and Federal Holidays.
- Public Conveniences: Restrooms are to the right of the entrance and down the stairs. Telephones and water fountains are in the same area along the corridor.
- Restaurant Hours: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 2:00pm; Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
- Administration: National Archives and Records Administration, under provisions of the Presidential Libraries Act of 1955.
- Architects: Jova\Daniels\Busby of Atlanta and Lawton, Umemura & Yamamoto of Honolulu. Construction began in October, 1984 and was completed in October, 1986. Private funds were raised for the $26 million complex.
- Landscape: EDAW, Inc. of Atlanta and Alexandria, Virginia. Japanese Garden was designed by Japanese master gardener, Kinsaku Nakane. The grounds are comprised of 35 acres.
- Building: The Library consists of an archives and a museum and is approximately 69,750 square feet in size. This includes 15,269 square feet of exhibit space and 19,818 square feet of collection storage space. It is not a library in the usual sense but is a research facility and a museum. The archives is a repository of approximately 27 million pages of Jimmy Carter’s White House material, papers of administration associates, including documents, memoranda, correspondence, etc. There are also 1/2 million photographs, and hundreds of hours film, audio and video tape.